Saturday, August 1, 2015

Her Eye is on the Splinter / Su Ojo está en la Astilla



You see
It is simple
It is not that I do not understand
I understand all too well
Instead I choose
To refuse
To accept
The views
Because I do not fight with people
But with ideas
And even then
Only when
They get shoved in my face
Madly out of place
And then I lose all my grace

What the hell
Move along
Tell your judging garbage
To someone else who sings your song
Your ideas
Are not reality
Your chains
Are just your own
What works for you
May not be true for me
Yet you treasure your view
Like a dog with his most prized bone

Do you know how you know
I respect you?
Because I refuse to direct you
Do you need me to dissect you?
This is grown up time
Changing folks is not my plan
I do not have that much life
I do not have a billion hands
But maybe I am the only one
Who thinks that every man
Is not my son
Born to be corrected
When we judge to be defective
Fix yourself
Then we talk


ves
Es simple
No es que no lo entiendo
Entiendo muy bien
En vez elijo
rechazar
aceptar
las vistas
Porque yo no peleo con personas
Pero con las ideas
E incluso entonces
sólo cuando
Ellos se metieron en mi cara
Locamente fuera de lugar
Y entonces me pierdo toda mi gracia

Qué demonios
avanzar
Dígale a su basura a juzgar
Para alguien que canta su canción
tus ideas
¿No son la realidad
Sus cadenas
Son sólo la suya
Lo que funciona para usted
No puede ser verdad para mí
Sin embargo, el tesoro de su vista
Al igual que un perro con su hueso más preciado

¿Sabes lo que sabes
Te respeto?
Porque me niego a dirigirle
¿Me necesitas para diseccionar usted?
Esto se cultiva el tiempo
Cambio de la gente no es mi plan
Yo no tengo esa cantidad de vida
Yo no tengo un billón de manos
Pero tal vez yo soy el único
¿Quién piensa que todo hombre
No es mi hijo
Nacido para ser corregido
Cuando juzgamos que es defectuoso
Fije usted mismo
Después hablamos


Share

Related Post

Her Eye is on the Splinter / Su Ojo está en la Astilla
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Don't miss a post, have it deliver to your email

19 comments

Tulis comments
avatar
August 2, 2015 at 1:14 AM

People are always trying to fix other, trying to tell them how to live their life. People are always telling me what I should do, but most of the time I ignore them and I don't have the energy to explain that all they think I should do, I have already tried doing and failed.

Reply
avatar
August 2, 2015 at 5:07 AM

Que profundo este poema.
Me encanto la parte en que rechazas entender.
Un beso y feliz domingo
Maggie Dallospedale Fashion diary - Fashion blog

Reply
avatar
August 2, 2015 at 5:37 AM This comment has been removed by the author.
avatar
August 2, 2015 at 9:44 PM

Very well put! Arguing with those trying to dictate what they think is right in wrong in your life is a waste of both your times.

Reply
avatar
August 2, 2015 at 9:45 PM

Grazie, amico bello! A volte mi chiedo come ci si sente. Aiuta sempre me sapere di più. Baci

Reply
avatar
August 2, 2015 at 9:48 PM

To do that it has to be full of love and sweetness to not be nagging or judging to the ear hearing it. It is a difficult task but, yes, very possible. The words must be chosen so carefully. Many hugs my diamond among the rocks :)

Reply
avatar
August 3, 2015 at 12:23 AM

WOW! What a hard hitting thing! I loved it! The below lines are sooo true: Your ideas
Are not reality
Your chains
Are just your own
What works for you
May not be true for me

Reply
avatar
August 3, 2015 at 3:57 AM

Imagens maravilhosa lindas poesia amei
tenha uma semana abençoada.
Canal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNNlFtDc1-o
Blog:http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br

Reply
avatar
August 3, 2015 at 4:36 AM

happy new week dear. i loved this poem a lot dear, seems a little tough though.
www.glamourzone.org

Reply
avatar
August 3, 2015 at 4:45 AM

lovely poem Shamu
I posted a new OUTFIT, I'd love to know your opinion
would you like to pass from my blog?
<<< fashion blogger Pamela Soluri >>>
I wish you an happy day
kiss

Reply
avatar
August 3, 2015 at 5:11 AM

so true...and the poem is really lovely! I'm glad we agree. In reference to your comment....

I don't have categories for answering on my blog:) For some reason, my comments often get deleted so most of the time my answers to comments left on my blog are short and not an indication whether I thought that the comment was interesting, which yours always are btw. I always think it is important to answer to comment by visiting that person's blog because anyway I can't be certain they will have the time to read again my post that they have already visited, you know what I mean. So, even if I manage to post a long answer they might not be able to see it.

I do always cherish your comments, but I would appreciate if they would focus less on my physical appearance. It could give somebody a wrong impression and I'm already a victim of so much gossip and mean stories.

Reply
avatar
August 3, 2015 at 11:11 AM

Hi dear
This poem is touching, and so rigth... sometimes the only way to fix us is in ourselves
xoxo

Reply
avatar
August 3, 2015 at 2:16 PM

Another great poem, your words are very touching...
Kisses
Paola ♡
PollywoodbyPaolaFratus

Reply
avatar
August 3, 2015 at 8:16 PM

i think this poem means we should not consent to the opinion of others..let's keep doing what we love ...am i right my friend?
as always you are so poetic!

http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

Reply
avatar
August 14, 2015 at 9:47 PM

I do not fight with people, but with ideas. I love that. Great great poem. I enjoy your writing.
http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

Reply

It would be so lovely to hear from you. I promise to respond either here or on your blog.