Friday, May 18, 2012

Swine Time



These are my 2 guinea pigs.  On top we have hairless Alfie who is super skittish and shy (as you can see.)  Below is furry, brave Petey standing his ground.  How did a 42 year old man with no children end up with guinea pigs for pets?  Well I will tell you.

At the end of my last long-term relationship (maybe my really last last one if things keep going this way) my now ex as she was giving me the boot told me she would have to take her pigs back to the pet shop as she could no longer afford them.  Well I had gotten quite attached to the little buggers.  Their cuteness and funny behavior really helped get me thru the last really tough year of that relationship and I could not stand the thought of them going back to the shop.  So I became a piggy papa and am so glad I did.  They still bring me so much joy and are pretty cheap and easy to care for.  Plus they are quite photogenic.  I have a whole Facebook album full of them

Share

Related Post

Swine Time
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Don't miss a post, have it deliver to your email

3 comments

Tulis comments
avatar
May 25, 2013 at 10:10 AM

These guys still around? Maybe Alfie is like skip when he's pink! They are adorable ...I love piggies. We had one years ago. Barney the Great!

Reply
avatar
May 26, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Alfie has gone to nude pig heaven. But Petey is well and has a new friend named Sherman

Reply
avatar
June 4, 2013 at 3:35 AM

Sherman.... great name! Remind me to tell you about my kid, kindergarten and Barney ...what an ordeal

Reply

It would be so lovely to hear from you. I promise to respond either here or on your blog.