Sunday, June 25, 2017

Learned / Aprendido / Imparato



When I was small
Young and new
My parents in love with alcohol
That drove them to battle in the night
As I would try and sleep
And it taught me how
To keep quiet
To stay out of the way
To not become a part of the fight
Every morning never knowing
What the battlefield would look like
Moving slowly, carefully in the minefield
Fearing a wrong choice would cause new wars
Fearing bad grades would end a marriage
Fearing being anything but perfect
Would leave me all alone
Yet they would tell me
That they loved me
As they left home night after night
To drink and party until all hours
And then come home to fight.
And it taught me not to trust
When someone said they cared
Words could have no meaning
Without actions that compared
I learned I had no value
To the ones who meant most to me
I learned words were just as worthless
As I was made to be



Cuando era chico
Jóvenes y nuevos
Mis padres enamorados del alcohol
Que los llevó a la batalla en la noche
Como yo trataría de dormir
Y me enseñó cómo
Guardar silencio
Estar fuera del camino
No formar parte de la lucha
Cada mañana sin saber
Qué aspecto tendría el campo de batalla
Moviéndose lentamente, cuidadosamente en el campo minado
Temer una elección equivocada provocaría nuevas guerras
Temer las malas calificaciones acabaría con un matrimonio
Temiendo ser todo menos perfecto
Me dejaría solo
Sin embargo, me decían
Que me amaron
Cuando salían de casa noche tras noche
Beber y divertirse hasta las 24 horas
Y luego volver a casa para luchar.
Y me enseñó a no confiar
Cuando alguien dijo que les importaba
Las palabras no podrían tener significado
Sin acciones que comparasen
Aprendí que no tenía ningún valor
A los que más significaban para mí
Aprendí que las palabras eran tan inútiles
Como me hicieron para ser



Quando ero piccolo
Giovani e nuovi
I miei genitori innamorati di alcool
Che li ha portati a combattere la notte
Mentre provavo a dormire
E mi ha insegnato come
Per tacere
Per stare fuori strada
Per non diventare parte della lotta
Ogni mattina mai sapere
Quale sarebbe il campo di battaglia
Muovendo lentamente, accuratamente nel campo minato
Temendo una scelta sbagliata causerebbe nuove guerre
Temendo cattivi voti finirebbe un matrimonio
Temendo essere niente ma perfetto
Mi lasciare da sola
Eppure mi avrebbero detto
Che mi amavano
Mentre partivano a casa dopo la notte
Bere e festeggiare fino a tutte le ore
E poi tornare a casa per combattere.
E mi ha insegnato a non fidarmi
Quando qualcuno ha detto che hanno curato
Le parole potrebbero non avere significato
Senza azioni che hanno confrontato
Ho imparato che non avevo valore
A coloro che hanno significato per me
Ho imparato le parole erano altrettanto inutile
Come sono stato fatto per essere


Share

Related Post

Learned / Aprendido / Imparato
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Don't miss a post, have it deliver to your email

11 comments

Tulis comments
avatar
June 27, 2017 at 3:57 AM

Very interesting post! Thanks for sharing! 👌👌👌

Reply
avatar
June 28, 2017 at 1:03 PM

Davvero molto bella e toccante! Anche Ily ha pubblicato un libro di poesie 😉
Blery&Ily
www.thesprintsisters.com

Reply
avatar
July 5, 2017 at 1:21 AM

Splendide parole <3

Federica
www.federicadinardo.com

Reply
avatar
July 5, 2017 at 8:00 AM

Nice one!
Wish you an amazing day!
kisses
Dili
New post: http://www.milanotime.net/sparkling-evening-gown/

Reply

It would be so lovely to hear from you. I promise to respond either here or on your blog.